Friday 5 May 2023

A good end to the week!

I was on my own at work this morning until Kathy came in at 9am, but I had a steady stream of people in and out, and the main topic of conversation was the Coronation tomorrow. Of course, we're going to miss it, but I'm sure, if we really want to, we can watch it again on BBC iPlayer.

The rest of the shift passed pleasantly, and it was a relaxed end to the working week. At 4pm I dashed home, hoovered the house and packed. It didn't take long as we're only going for the weekend! Sophie returned, we finished off the bottle of red wine she'd opened recently when she went away, and Keith went to the pub.

Sophie and I are now watching the very first series of Race Across The World, with the contestants travelling from London to Singapore. Now, that's what I call a race! Most of them looked exhausted, though!

We had a simple dinner of Pan Haggerty with crusty bread and vegetables and retired to bed at about 9pm. It's not a very early morning tomorrow, but we do have to be up by 4.30am!

No comments: