Friday 17 March 2023

Yippee! It's Friday!

I had another busy shift at work, processing many orders, helping Sara with emails and answering the phone. The time certainly flies by!

I returned home to find that Keith had had another couple of winners so he's had a very successful week! He said he enjoyed it immensely, but it was hard work... yeah! Right! He didn't go to the pub this evening and sat at the computer while Sophie and I attempted to watch the recent Oscar winner, "Everything Everywhere All At Once". 

We opened a bottle of Pinot Noir and munched on some posh crisps and tzatziki that Sophie had bought in Waitrose on the way home (along with two pizzas for dinner) and settled down to watch, but I gave up after about half an hour. I hadn't a clue what was going on! Why was it so successful at the Oscars?

Dinner was lovely and Sophie and I started watching The Philadelphia Story after we'd eaten. Keith had disappeared upstairs to watch football as Newcastle were playing. The film was good but both of us were a bit weary, so we turned it off to watch tomorrow. Sophie had a nap while I watched a very interesting documentary on the painter Frida Kahlo on BBC2. This took us nicely up to 10pm and bedtime!

No comments: