Sunday 12 March 2023

Meet and greet!

Keith and I met Vikesh for the first time today, as he and Sophie were going for a walk over the fields. He'd brought his brother's dog, Reggie, with him so it was lovely to meet them both and have a chat before they left.

While they were gone I sorted out some boxes and a small suitcase which have been languishing on our landing for a good while. I unearthed some old diaries and lots of photographs, some of which I will add to the blog. I managed to finish my holiday diary from 1984 (Italy) and I transferred it to a word document in preparation for making a book for Mum and Dad.

Sophie arrived home looking a little muddy and fresh-faced and had had a great walk, doing the "round", a circular walk to Walgrave and back. Between us, we prepared tonight's dinner of sausage casserole and Keith peeled all the veggies so we can relax later this evening.

We went to collect Mum at 2.30pm and before heading home, called into the Co-op to buy a red velvet cake. Back home, she was delighted with the scarves and jewellery so I put them in a bag for her along with an antique china set that she wanted.

It was lovely to sit and chat in the conservatory with a cup of tea and a slice of cake, and we took her home at about 4pm. Next Sunday is Mother's Day so we've having both Mum and Dad over for lunch.

When we returned home (after taking the scenic route) we looked at eBay but we hadn't sold anything from last week. Sales are very slow at the moment! We enjoyed a game of Scrabble and popped the casserole in the oven to cook slowly. It was delicious with a good bottle of red wine.

We started watching Murder on the Orient Express again, but I gave up.  It's not often I lose interest in a film, but this one just didn't do it for me!

No comments: