Wednesday 29 March 2023

An admin day.

Today has been a day of getting things done! It's Sophie's birthday in a week, so I sorted out lots of things for this (I can't say what, as she reads this blog), and also bought travel insurance, breakdown cover, and extended the car insurance to cover European travel.

I am sure I saw the weather forecast for today and it looked lovely, with sunshine and mild temperatures, but it has rained, mostly all day, on and off. Plus, it was chilly, so all plans to get out into the garden have been shelved, and I made the most of being indoors to get all of our admin jobs done. 

Keith and I also fitted a new dashcam to the VW so we'll have this when we go away. We took the car for a drive up to the village and back to make sure it was fitted properly and it rained the whole way!

I did some housework in the afternoon, watched the last twenty minutes of Great Expectations, and had a bath. Dinner this evening was a lovely Butter Chicken curry served with rice, naan bread and poppadums.

After eating we watched the last hour of The English Patient and it was very sad. Sophie, much to my relief, enjoyed the film and it was great to see Colin Firth and Ralph Fiennes looking so young!

No comments: