Wednesday 1 March 2023

A love/hate relationship...

I had an appointment at the Boots opticians today at the Weston Favell Centre, but Keith and I had some jobs to do beforehand, so we left home at about 10am. I fondly thought I had loads of time, but I was mistaken! No lazy morning today!

We popped to the launderette first to drop off a super kingsize bedspread that needed washing, and then it was off to my favourite place. As we walked in I noticed signs saying that the centre had been in existence since 1974 so next year it'll be celebrating 50 years! 50 years of going to the blasted place on a regular basis! When they celebrated 40 years, there was a picture of my grandmother with David Jacobs, so I'm hoping that they'll bring that out again! Even though I joke about loathing the Weston Favell Centre, it does occupy a special place in my heart as I've been such a regular visitor ever since it opened.

We did some shopping for Sophie, went to the bank, and then we had half an hour spare for a coffee before my appointment. When it was time, Keith returned to the car with the newspaper to wait for me. And he had a long wait! The opticians were very busy with people coming and going and not enough chairs!

I was booked in for an eye test but I booked a contact lens test for later in the month, as I just didn't have the time today. The optician gave me various tests and said that my prescription had altered slightly, but my eyes were healthy, which was good news!

Keith and I went home and I quickly tidied up as Sue was due around at 2pm for a cup of tea and a chat. Keith had bought a gooey chocolate cake and I made a big pot of tea to drink while we sat and gossiped in the kitchen. It was lovely to catch up!


No comments: