Saturday 18 March 2023

A sociable Saturday!

Keith and I carried on cleaning the conservatory today and halfway through the work, a neighbour, Ruth, arrived to pick up some books I'd advertised for free. We sat and had a coffee and a chat, which was great as I hadn't seen her for a while. I apologised for not being involved with the recycling scheme as much lately, but I think she's taken a back seat from it as well.

Just before Ruth left, Sophie's boyfriend Vikesh, arrived as they were both going to Leicester today to meet up with some of his cousins for lunch. Keith had gone out into the garden to prune our trees which I wasn't happy about! I really don't like him balancing at the top of step ladders!

I went out and suggested we do the other two trees next Wednesday and I could help him properly. I wanted to get the conservatory straight for tomorrow and I was delighted with how much cleaner it was! I opened all the windows to let some Spring fresh air in and ventilate the house after the winter.

The rest of the day was spent pootling about, doing some overdue jobs, and having a long soak in the bath. Outside, the previously sunny and dry weather turned and we had heavy rain and wind. Sophie arrived home at about 6pm and we ordered a Chinese takeaway. She'd bought me a bagful of goodies for Mother's Day tomorrow, including biscuits, cakes, incense sticks and delicious-looking vegetarian crackers and chutney. Yum!


She'd had a fantastic time in Leicester and had enjoyed a delicious vegetarian meal, and got on really well with Vikesh's cousins who had fun letting her try out different things like a mouth freshener paste that she wasn't keen on at all!

Our takeaway arrived and after we'd eaten we settled down to watch Romancing the Stone starring a youthful Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner. It was great fun to watch and very funny!

No comments: