Tuesday 7 March 2023

A hint of snow

I helped Sara out with customer service emails at work today, and trying to deal with them in between phone calls was a tad stressful! Shirley was at work covering for Emma, who was on annual leave, and she was helped out by Jo, which meant that sometimes I was the only one available to take calls. I think Sara saw my face and jumped on when the calls ramped up!

I had a bloodshot eye today, which I wasn't happy about. Last Wednesday when I went for my eye test I felt like I had a hair in my eye so maybe I hadn't rinsed it out properly and it was causing irritation?

On the way home from work the sky was a mix of big angry snow clouds and blue patches with bright sunshine. We had a brief snow flurry as I drove home and I think there's more to come over the next few days! It was very cold!

Keith went to see Sileby play in the evening and he wrapped up warmly! Sophie and I enjoyed a new recipe of gnocchi with pancetta and peas in a creamy sauce, washed down with a bottle of chilled Sauvignon Blanc. The meal was delicious and very comforting on such a cold night.

After we'd eaten we watched A New Life in the Sun: Where Are They Now? and for some, the new life wasn't all it was cracked up to be! One woman was working 70-80 hours a week! Not my idea of fun in the sun!


No comments: