Thursday 9 March 2023

Snow!

Last night, Sophie cancelled her classes at the gym as we both knew that this morning was going to be tricky. When we woke up there was a decent covering and I asked Keith to take us both to work. I hate driving in the snow. I hate the feeling of losing control, and I think it stems from when Keith and I went to Cyprus in December back in 1994, and we'd driven up to the Troodos mountains where it was very snowy. On the way back down, our car started to slide towards the edge of the mountain because of the slippery road conditions, and I actually started to get out of the car! Luckily, we weren't going very fast, but it was terrifying!

I texted Sara to ask if I could start at 9am rather than 8am and after we'd all showered and dressed, we set off in the falling snow.



I know conditions weren't anything like they have in some countries, and I know we're not really prepared for the weather, but it was a bit hairy all the same! The local roads were slushy but once we were out onto the A43 and A45, it was a little better.

We made good progress down to Brackmills and dropped Sophie off before heading back to take me to work. Keith was then going to pop to Aldi on the way home and buy the ingredients for a chicken stir-fry tonight.

Everyone managed to get to work, and I spent my shift dealing with emails and orders. Keith returned to pick me up at 3pm and we went home on very wet and slushy roads. I was supposed to have taken Mum to have her nails done this afternoon, but I'd cancelled as there was no way I was taking her out in the snow, and risking her falling over!

Back home, I just had time to do some housework, before we went to get Sophie. Keith had prepared all the vegetables for dinner and our daughter cooked a lovely chicken stir fry in an oyster and spring onions sauce, packed with vegetables. Delicious!

No comments: