Saturday 4 March 2023

A little fragile...

I had a muzzy head this morning so I had two cups of coffee, one after the other, and felt a bit better! We managed to get through at least three bottles of red last night, as well as the glass of fizz, and mixing the two always gives me a headache!

As I felt a little fragile, I pottered about this morning not doing much at all and we actually watched some of Saturday Morning Kitchen. I have gone off this programme slightly because of all the manic laughter... The wine guru, Helen, is the worst! She laughs at everything even if it's not remotely funny! It's very irritating!

In the afternoon we collected Mum and drove to Tesco. Sophie wanted to buy some leggings and a sports bra, and Mum needed some shopping. We all had a coffee first and Sophie and I had something to eat as it had been a long time since our pains au chocolat this morning! 

Unfortunately, Sophie couldn't find a suitable sports bra but she did get some leggings, and I bought four bunches of daffodils to cheer up the house. Spring is not on the horizon at the moment and we have a cold snap forecast for next week!

Mum did her shopping and we took her back to the care home, popping up to her room with her to take back some washing I'd done and to see my Dad. They've put new carpets down in the corridors so there was a lovely "new carpet" smell!

Back home I put the daffodils in water and we relaxed. Keith had gone to Raunds to see Sileby play and he came home at about 5pm, freezing cold as usual! we'd had the heating on so the house was lovely and warm!

It was time for Scrabble with a glass of Picpoul de Pinet, and I beat Sophie for once! She cooked Mary Berry's Panang chicken and rice stir fry and it was delicious!

Our evening's viewing was a film starring Jessica Chastain and Idris Elba who had a silly American accent. I fell asleep!

No comments: