Tuesday 28 March 2023

Something's up...

Our office was very noisy today and my head was spinning! We had Angela working with us as it's Emma's last week and she will be taking over on a Tuesday and Wednesday. So, there were four of us answering phones, plus numerous other people in the office. And something was definitely going on, as there was a lot of whispering, closed doors and confidential print-outs. I was annoyed, as I said to Keith later, that if they were planning something that affected us all, wouldn't it have been better to have spent the day at another of our centres? It's not like we're short of space! It might not affect us, but it certainly made us all wonder what was going on! Only time will tell!

Again, it was bliss to escape at 4pm and go home. I felt drained from my busy, noisy day and settled down to watch the first episode of Great Expectations that I'd recorded on Sunday night. It's my favourite Charles Dickens novel but it had been slated by the critics. I actually enjoyed it and was delighted to see that the opening scenes came from my old stamping ground, Gravesend!

Keith went to see Sileby play tonight, bundled up so much that he could hardly move! It was windy and cold outside so he did need his two coats, scarf, hat and gloves! Sophie and I opened a bottle of New Zealand Pinot Gris, and watched a new programme called Tempting Fortune, which was enjoyably silly! We popped some potatoes into the oven to bake and enjoyed them with baked beans, cheese and salad.

After we'd eaten and cleared away, we settled down to watch The English Patient, which at 2 hours and 42 minutes was too long to see in one sitting! Keith arrived home at 10pm, frozen as always, and tucked into the oven chips I'd cooked for him and a mug of tea. This will be repeated again next Tuesday!

No comments: