Friday 28 January 2022

Two into one again!

Thursday

Unusually, I was at work today, covering for Sue who was off with Covid. It was a shorter shift so I was able to have a bit of a lie-in this morning (after Sophie went to the gym!).

Sophie arrived home very late from work and had had a bad day. Her workplace is also suffering from staff shortages due to Covid, and she's taking the strain, poor thing. One of her close colleagues tested positive on Wednesday, and Sophie has been asked to take tests every day, despite recently having it herself.  At least she is off tomorrow and going down to London to see Zain! 


Friday

I was up at 6.30am this morning and enjoying a delicious cup of coffee before work. I woke Sophie at 7am and she went to the gym at the same time as I went to work. Tonight she is seeing one of her favourite rappers, Aries, at the O2 in Kentish Town. Funnily enough, the last time she saw him was just before the pandemic struck in January 2020, along with Mike. It'll be great for her to go with Zain tonight.

Kathy and I were looking forward to a quiet Friday as we were the only ones in the office. Unfortunately, we had a horrible shift with non-stop phone calls for the whole six hours. There was no let-up, and at times I felt like crying with frustration as every time I tried to write an email the phone rang again. There seemed to always be a call waiting and both of us felt drained when we left!

I missed my wine buddy tonight as Keith went to the pub, and I sat and watched a recorded episode of The Good Karma Hotel. The storyline was about an infected village - eerily close to reality!

No comments: