Saturday 8 January 2022

Staying warm!

Sophie took a test this morning and it was negative. If it's the same tomorrow she'll be free! It's looking likely!

We had a very relaxed day and stayed inside as the weather was horrible, cold and rainy. We sat and watched Saturday Kitchen Live all the way through, which was very enjoyable, and enjoyed sausage sandwiches for breakfast.

Keith was supposed to have gone to see Sileby play this afternoon, but after checking the fixtures, the game was postponed. It could have been the awful weather or a lack of players, who knows? Covid seems to be everywhere at the moment, and it's spreading so easily.

It was bliss to stay at home and not have to go anywhere. I signed up for a year's subscription to Ancestry again as I'm determined to prove the Irish link in my family. They had a good deal on so I signed up for the year to try and make some more progress on the family tree.

Sophie and I enjoyed a face pack in the afternoon and while it was setting, we watched Castaway, starring Tom Hanks. It's one of our favourite films and it was a real treat to lie on the bed and watch it.

Of course, it was Scrabble night tonight and Sophie beat me! Keith cooked beef stroganoff and we sat in the kitchen while he pottered about. After our dinner, we watched the last two episodes of The Tourist (I'm hoping there'll be a second series) and then I had a yearning to watch Gorky Park, for some strange reason! It was on Amazon Prime so we started watching it at 9.30pm. I wish I could stay up late but by 10.30pm my eyelids were drooping and it was time for bed... we'll have to watch the rest tomorrow!

No comments: