Friday 14 January 2022

The remains of the week...

Sophie woke me at just before 6am this morning so I had an hour to enjoy a cup of coffee and watch Escape to the Country before I got ready for work. 

Kathy was off again today, as her Aunt had died on Tuesday, and she was sorting out the funeral. Sara had asked Tracie to come in and cover so it was lovely to see her again as she normally only works on a Saturday.

My shift was busy and I had plenty of work to keep me occupied! We learnt that Nicola's daughter had tested positive so Nicola worked from home today, and was going to take a PCR test to see if she also had covid. It is spreading so quickly!

It was lovely to leave at 4pm and I am sure the evenings are getting subtly lighter every day. It was so nice to drive home and still see blue skies! Spring is on its way and I noticed the other day that the bulbs I planted in the Autumn are being to push through the soil in the pots!

Keith went to the pub tonight to see John and Sophie and I had a glass of wine and watched The Remains of the Day starring Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson. I had never seen the film before but we both thought it was quite sad, and beautifully done.

Dinner was another easy meal - baked potatoes and salad. Perfect for a Friday evening!


No comments: