Friday 21 January 2022

Too close for comfort!

I was up before 6am this morning and after Sophie had gone to the gym I made myself a coffee and watched the news.

It is definitely getting lighter in the mornings now, which is a relief! I really hate dark winter mornings! Work was very busy and I managed to do a whole load of orders, put all the films on until the end of February and make inroads with the half-term crash courses. The time flew by, and I enjoyed the shift as we weren't too busy with calls! The only drawback to being quieter was that we could still hear the annoying beeping, which is still with us!

I was looking forward to a glass of wine with Sophie this evening and to watching The Descendants, a DVD I'd bought last week in a charity shop. Keith went to the pub to meet his mate John, and now Josh, Dave's son, goes up to have a drink with them as well which is great. Perhaps he sees them as a link to his late Dad?

Dinner tonight was Chicken Kiev (Tesco's own) with roasted vegetables, asparagus and crispy potatoes. I had a shock when I received a WhatsApp message from Sara to say that Sheila had tested positive this evening. I hadn't had much to do with her today but had been talking to her once or twice at close range, so I immediately took a test that turned out to be negative. I had a bit of a dry throat, but the result reassured me! Sara was asking people to cover for Sheila tomorrow but we are off on a long-awaited trip to Southampton to see Mike and Abbie so I couldn't work. This is now affecting more and more of us - four staff are off at the moment with Covid, so it really is getting a little too close for comfort!

No comments: