Monday 17 January 2022

One of those days...

I knew today was going to be "one of those days" when I became stuck behind a bus in Walgrave, just two minutes from home! A lorry was parked on the crossroads, making a delivery I assume, so the bus couldn't get through the narrow gap. We sat and waited for about five minutes, and although I wasn't late for work, it set the tone for the day!

There were only two of us answering calls, and the phones remained busy all day, leaving us little time to do anything else. It took me an hour and a half to eat my sandwich, as every time I went to take a bite, the phone rang! Also, we had the most annoying high-pitched whine blight our day - a battery in a power-pack was on the decline and there was no replacement, so we had to endure the horrible noise for the whole shift!

It was a huge relief to get out at 4pm and head home in the peace and quiet of my car! Keith had been waiting for the plumber all day today but he hadn't turned up, so that was a waste of time. Because of this, he hadn't been able to get out and do any shopping so we had booked a table at Akasaka for 8pm as a treat.

We went to John Franklin's next to Derngate first and enjoyed a couple of drinks. The bar was very quiet, probably because the theatre was closed, but it was heaven to sit in the quiet and chat. It was also wonderfully warm, which was great as outside it was very cold, with temperatures already plunging to zero.

After our drinks, we walked to the restaurant and had a good look at the menu. We went for something different tonight - I chose the tempura vegetables to start followed by the Korean sweet and sticky chicken. Sophie had the same sort of dish served over beansprouts, and Keith chose the same as me. The meal was delicious and served with lots of vegetables, but it defeated us!

Back home we collapsed on the sofa for half an hour and then it was time for bed!


No comments: