Monday 3 January 2022

Testing times!

I didn't have to be at work until 9am today, and I took a test as soon as I got up. It was negative, which was a big relief! 

Kathy and I were working together today and there was just the two of us in the office. The centre itself was quiet and one of the reception staff told me that a couple of people had phoned in sick with Covid. It's literally everywhere at the moment!

The phones were busy today with people booking swimming sessions, so the shift passed quickly. Sophie had texted me to say that she'd been to Mawsley to pick up the lateral flow tests she'd ordered but they were closed. Even Brixworth pharmacy was closed. I hate to say it, but wouldn't it have been a good idea for these places to be open today to help people with getting tested? I know it's a Bank Holiday, but we're experiencing huge infection rates and people need to know if they have the damn virus!

She had received her PCR test, and she had taken it and posted it back in the priority postbox at Mawsley. Let's just hope it doesn't take as long as our holiday tests to be delivered!

Sophie still felt stuffed up, but other than that she felt fine. Keith was also OK, despite spending most of the day with his daughter! They had opened windows, though and tried to keep their distance!

Dinner tonight was a very spicy chilli with jacket potatoes and salad. Delicious and perfect as the weather is turning colder!


No comments: