Sunday 30 January 2022

Staying at home...

We've had another day of sunshine and I was able to get out this morning and wash Sophie's filthy car. It looked so much better when I finished!

I also cut back the geranium in the garden, but as I was doing it I did wonder if it was a good idea... I remember reading something about tiny pollinators living in old vegetation over the winter, so I hope I haven't disturbed any minibeasts! I didn't see any, but I think next year I'll leave it until a bit later to cut the plant back.

Sophie was more than happy to stay at home today, and while she did a workout and enjoyed a face pack in the afternoon, I spent some time researching my family tree. As expected, it was frustrating but I'm going to persevere, no matter what! I hope I have the patience to do it and I'll try an adopt a very methodical way of looking at the information I already have!

We had the most gorgeous sunset this evening - the sky was a deep pink with beautiful clouds. I just wish now that Sophie and I had gone out for a walk and taken photographs!

Keith busied himself with cooking the turkey crown we'd bought a few weeks ago while Sophie and I played Scrabble in the kitchen. We had a cocktail each and then moved on to white wine to drink with the meal.

Keith had prepared loads of vegetables so they were earmarked for bubble and squeak tomorrow!


No comments: