Sunday 23 January 2022

End of a coffee era...

My old, faithful, coffee machine decided to stop working properly today - instead of the coffee flowing smoothly from the little spout, it erupted everywhere! I tried another coffee pod in case it was that, but had the same result. Even when I used the plastic Tassimo disc, the water went everywhere. I shouldn't really complain, though! Keith bought it for me in 2013 and it has never given me a problem over the years. It was time to invest in a new one, so I picked out the Tassimo "My Way" on Amazon where you can adjust how hot or strong you like your coffee. It has an inbuilt water filter which is great for where we live as the water is so hard. Hopefully, it will be delivered tomorrow!

It was lovely to have a quiet day today and do very little! Sophie drove to Woburn to meet Zain at lunchtime, and the only time Keith and I ventured out was to take some things to the care home for my Mum.

The weather has been grey and dismal, but cold at the same time. Not a nice combination! I managed to start doing some more research on my family tree as I'm determined to try and prove the Irish link. I have a feeling it might be very frustrating but I'm going to try my hardest! I'm going to look into my Dad's side of the family and this might involve some trips down to Kent. We haven't been to Dartford for years, and I sometimes do miss the journey down the M1 and M25!

Sophie returned at about 3pm and we were able to play a game of Scrabble in the evening with a drink. Dinner tonight was a very relaxed affair of pate and toast, plus some cheeses and hams. I can't believe the weekend has gone so quickly. I definitely had that Sunday night feeling tonight!

No comments: