Friday 7 January 2022

A busy end to the week...

I had an early start this morning and was up at 6.30am, taking a test, as usual. It was negative, as I expected it to be, and I do wonder how Keith and I managed to avoid getting Covid. Was it because we'd had the flu jab as some people are suggesting? Or are our immune systems very healthy? It's a mystery, as Sophie, earlier in the week, was sneezing everywhere, so the germs must have been literally flying about!

A box of tests had arrived so I took three into work to give Sara back the ones she had lent me. When I arrived, Sheila told me that one of the leisure centre staff, who had spent a lot of time in our office yesterday, had tested positive. I remember her saying she had a cold, and alarm bells rang then! I gave Sheila a test to use as she had been sitting very near her but thankfully it was negative!

Work was very busy today and Kathy was still off. Denise came in at 1pm which meant that Sara and Sheila could come off the phones, lucky things, and get on with their own work. Sheila gave me lots to do when I'm in doing admin next week - all the playscheme places to put onto the system, as well as the swimming crash courses, so that will keep me very busy! As yet, there aren't any more films to put on, which is a bit worrying. I send the MD the average attendance every month, and in December it was just 24 seats filled out of 150. Is it worth it at the moment?

It was bliss to escape at 4pm and head home for Wine Night. Keith had been to the doctor today about his tummy problems, and all looked to be OK, which was a relief. The GP was trying to arrange a scan, but at the moment, with the NHS stretched to capacity, that may take some time.

Sophie has to take a lateral flow test tomorrow and one on Sunday, and if they're negative, she can go back to work on Monday. Over the last couple of days, she has been much better with no sneezing or dry throat at all, so she's keeping everything crossed that she'll be fine!

Keith didn't go to the pub, and we sat and played cards before ordering dinner. Yesterday I had made a right idiot of myself by ordering fish and chips from a place in Broughton by mistake... I had seen someone on Facebook recommend them, and had done some investigating at how easy it was to order online, and had inadvertently ordered a meal for all of us! The poor delivery man had turned up just as we were about to eat dinner and I was mortified! Keith had gone over today to try and pay them, but they said not to worry, so we ordered tonight. The fish and chips were delicious, and lovely and hot! We'll definitely use them again, and how lovely that they deliver!

We couldn't help watching two more episodes of The Tourist after dinner. We're all enjoying it and couldn't wait for it to be shown every week, so we're bingeing on BBC iPlayer!


No comments: