Tuesday 4 January 2022

One of us succumbs...

I was at work at 8am this morning, and as Keith and Sophie had nowhere to be and were still asleep, I was up on my own. I took a test at 6.30am, and again, it was negative, which was another relief. It's like living on a knife-edge all the time!

The drive into work was horrible. It was dark and raining (and sleeting as well) and the temperature was just 4c, so a bit of a shock to the system! The traffic was much heavier, as most people have returned to work today.

I had very little to do in the two hours set aside for admin work. Sara and I chatted about New Year and I thanked her for helping me out on Sunday. At 10am, Jo, Louiza and Denise came into work, and at first, the phones were very busy, but then it quietened down a bit, so the time did drag! I wished I was at home with Sophie, who had received the result of her PCR test - she was positive. 

Although we'd been expecting it, the news was still a shock. She received lots of information from the NHS about what she needed to do, and they asked where she'd been from the 26th to the 30th December, which was unexpected. Had she caught the virus in Birmingham or London as we'd thought or had she come into contact with someone before that? During that week, we'd been shopping in various places, and out for lunch at Pizza Express, so we were baffled. I texted Mike in the evening to let him know as he had been at home during that time frame. 

Sophie and Keith had been very busy today, though, and had taken all the Christmas decorations down and cleaned the living room and conservatory. Sophie had even managed a workout in her bedroom, so apart from a sniffly nose, she was still feeling fine!

After another delicious supper of chicken in a white wine sauce and dumplings, we settled down to watch The Tourist, which we'd recorded over the last few nights. I have to say we really enjoyed it and might binge-watch it on BBC iplayer!


No comments: