Thursday 6 January 2022

Called into work...

I was just sitting relaxing with a coffee and watching Escape to the Country this morning when my phone rang. It was Sheila asking if I could go into work and cover Kathy's shift, as she had to go and sort out a problem with her aunt. I owed work a shift so I could hardly say no, and the alternative was doing housework, so I took a test, had a shower and prepared to go into work.

I arrived just after 10am, and I was as busy today as I was quiet on Tuesday. Sara wasn't in so I tackled some of the 88 customer service emails, sorted out a load of cinema invoices that had been authorised in my absence and answered many, many phone calls. I was working with Denise and Sue so it was a very pleasant shift!

At 4pm I sped home and sat with Sophie for the last half hour of her working day. Keith and I played cards at the island while Sophie cooked dinner this evening - chicken enchiladas which were delicious.

After we'd eaten Sophie and I watched the end of Pride and Prejudice and even Keith enjoyed it, I think!

No comments: