Monday 24 January 2022

Two into one...

Monday

I walked into the office this morning to find the noise still there... wonderful! A man did arrive before 10am and changed the battery but it still continued! He said that it might be the power unit itself that needed changing. Everyone who came into the office couldn't believe that we had to put up with it! 

Sheila will be off all this week with Covid, and I said to Sara that I was amazed we hadn't picked it up from her on Friday. I had taken two tests over the weekend as I'd had a bit of a dry throat, but they were both negative thank goodness.

My shift wasn't too busy today and after work, I went to collect Sophie from her office on Brackmills. Before I went down there I called into a little shop near work to post off an unwanted order. I used to visit this little shop decades ago when I lived at home with Mum and Dad, and there were several shops on the little parade. Now, there's only one and it's completely different from the little newsagent and sweet shop I used to go to. I suppose time moves on, but I remember the owner of the shop being a lovely, friendly man.

I had half an hour to kill at Sophie's office, but I was able to read my Kindle. She had an appointment at the beauty salon so I drove her there and waited, which was bliss! It was lovely to sit and relax for a while after a busy day!


Tuesday

At work today I learnt that Georgie also has Covid... on Friday he very kindly fetched me a coffee, so that was two people we had contact with who have tested positive! Georgie is unvaccinated so I hope he'll be alright. This Omicron variant is rampant and it seems everybody is getting it!


As usual for a Tuesday, the shift was very noisy. One of my customers said that he could hear my colleague on the phone more clearly than me! Not a good thing!

There is not much to report today, so it's a two-for-one post!

No comments: