Wednesday 19 January 2022

Miracle worker!

After Sophie went to the gym this morning at just after 6am, I have to confess to going back to bed until 7.30am, accompanied by Monty cat, who curled up next to me, as close as he could get!

It was a gorgeous morning with frost and blue skies, much more preferable to milder temperatures but clouds! I pottered about trying to catch up with jobs in the morning and managed to sort out all the recycling that had been building up in the garage. I bagged up two lots of soft plastics to take to Tesco tomorrow and printed off a form to send the Tassimo discs back via Yodel. It does take a fair bit of effort, but I couldn't imagine throwing it all in the bin now, I've been doing it so long! While I was sorting all that out, Keith was making sausage rolls - something to enjoy with a cup of tea later in the day!

In the afternoon Keith and I tackled a long overdue job - cleaning the window frames in the conservatory. Sometimes I don't know how we contain our excitement...! They needed doing, though, and the white sealant we'd applied in the first lockdown was going a bit mouldy. We don't use the conservatory as much as we used to, and it's shut up a lot of the time so it's only to be expected! I cleaned the frames and when I'd finished Keith applied some magic mould remover that actually does work wonders! Within a couple of hours, the mould had all gone! It did look a lot better, so that was good motivation!

Keith and I also prepared one of our favourite meals - the chicken and ham tangle pie. He cut up the chicken, onions and leeks and we cooked them before mixing the ingredients with creme fraiche and letting it cool. Just before dinner all we needed to do was assemble the filo pastry topping.

I went and had a long soak in the bath after all of our hard work and then it was time to relax with Sophie and Keith by watching the tennis from Australia before doing the final preparations for dinner. The meal was pronounced as delicious as ever and a good helping went into a Tupperware container for Sophie's lunch tomorrow! 


No comments: