Monday 1 November 2021

Monday again!

Although it was horrible getting up this morning, at least I had three days off to look forward to. Sara at work gave me my remaining holiday hours on Friday, and I have another 26.5 to take before 2022! I might take a few Tuesdays to make a really short week!

Luckily, the trees that had fallen on mine and Sophie's route to work had been cleared away, so no problems on the commute this morning. Work was fine and after a mad rush of calls first thing, it quietened down. I was expecting far more people to have attended the cinema over the weekend as we were showing No Time To Die, but I was a little disappointed. However, the figures for October were slightly better than September, so that's some consolation!

At 4pm it was already starting to get dark and in the west, the sun was retiring for the day in a blaze of smoky clouds. Beautiful! At home,  I tidied up and hoovered before lighting the candles and making the house cosy.

Keith and I have decided to abstain from alcohol for November in readiness for Mallorca so tonight our tipples were sparkling water and elderflower tonic served with lemon and ice. Hmmm!

No comments: