Monday 15 November 2021

The case of the lost red pepper...

My regular alarm clock, Sophie, had the audacity to be off work today, so I set our bedside clock to go off at 6.30am. However, I had failed to notice, when I set it, that the pm and am were mixed up, which meant that it didn't go off as planned!

Keith woke me at 7am and I groggily went into the shower, before deciding to text Sara and ask if I could use an hour's holiday and go in at 9am instead! Sophie laughed when I told her, and said that it was a good job I relied on her every morning to get up!

Going in at 8.30am was not pleasant as I was right in the middle of the school run, something I haven't done for about three years! Maybe 7.30am is a better time after all! Work was OK, and not as busy as I feared despite Kathy calling in sick after having her booster jab yesterday. Sara's daughter came in to help out and we had a very enlightening conversation about our new MD!

Sophie had texted me to say we needed a red pepper for the evening's meal but I told her we'd bought one yesterday. Apparently, Sophie and Keith turned the house upside down trying to find it, and Keith went to the local shops to get another but failed. I decided to go to the Co-op in Moulton but I couldn't even get parked in the car park, so I gave up and went home. We'd have to do without it!

Sophie had spent the morning at the gym but she'd managed to hoover the house and prepare tonight's meal, a Hairy Biker sausage pasta dish. The house was lovely, warm and cosy and we sat and watched Escape to the Chateau before preparing dinner.

Keith went upstairs to watch the football (we beat San Marino 10-0) while Sophie and I watched a film called Worth starring Michael Keaton and Stanley Tucci. It was about a lawyer trying to get adequate compensation for the families of loved ones killed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks. It was very good indeed!


No comments: