Monday 8 November 2021

So loud!

I'm really starting to loathe Monday mornings, but there's not a lot I can do about it... they arrive with amazing regularity!

Work was busy today and the noise got to me. One of my colleagues has a loud, strident voice, and at times I find it difficult to hear my own telephone conversation! One of my customers even commented on how loud she was, so that's not good if they can hear all that she's saying! It was lovely to escape at the end of my shift, and I tend to sit in the car for a few minutes relishing the peace and quiet before going home! Sometimes my ears are literally ringing!

Sophie had an appointment at the beauty salon at 6.30pm so I said I'd give her a lift in case there were no spaces. Luckily there were two left in the tiny car park, so I sat and read my Kindle while she was inside. It was very dark out there, but lovely and peaceful!

We sped home and managed to have a glass of wine while Keith put the finishing touches to his cassoulet. The smells in the house were divine and the meal was delicious! Definitely, one we'll do again!

I had high hopes for a new drama series on Netflix this evening called The Defeated, as it was set in post-war Berlin, but after about twenty minutes I gave up and read my Kindle instead!


No comments: