Thursday 25 November 2021

Tea, cake and a natter!

Sophie was up extra early this morning as she does a class on a Thursday. I got up with her, but went back to bed with Monty, even though I couldn't get to sleep again!

Keith and I went shopping first thing and I bought lots of nibbles for Friday night when Sue and Michelle are coming over. Michelle has very kindly offered to look after Monty while we're away, which is a huge weight off my mind! I bought a bottle of Champagne to celebrate, and another two bottles of white wine to drink as well. 

It took us ages to do the shopping, but by lunchtime, we were home and having something to eat. I did a test and gave the kitchen and living room a bit of a clean. Sophie is finishing early tomorrow so can get the house ready for our guests, but I wanted a head start!

I picked up Mum and Dad from the care home and brought them back for tea and cake. Again, it was easy as Dad used his zimmer frame and sped up the drive, and into the house! We had a chat about Christmas and sorted out the Nationwide bank account before I took them back.

Driving back to Kettering was difficult as it was getting dark and there were so many vehicles on the road. There'd been a broken down van at the Broughton turn which may have had something to do with it, and Dad said he was glad he wasn't driving anymore! I was as well!

Dinner this evening was a pork stir fry dish with noodles and Sophie cooked it for us while Keith and I kept her company in the kitchen. We'd prepared all the vegetables and meat and she made a very good job of it. The food was lovely!

No comments: