Thursday 18 November 2021

Patchy painting!

Sophie didn't go to the gym this morning as she had a bad headache in the night. This meant that she travelled to work during the school run, just like I did on Monday, and she said that the traffic was horrendous and even worse than before the pandemic!

Keith did the shopping while I made a start on the bedroom. When I painted the walls today, they looked even more patchy and I was in a bad mood when Keith arrived home!


The headboard visible in this photo with its ripped cover!


I actually think that the second coat is even worse than the first, and it looked horrible while we were painting. I used a large brush for the second coat while Keith went to the other side of the room and used the roller. By 1pm both coats were on and we stopped ourselves from endlessly going over the bits we'd already painted. I am at work tomorrow, and on Saturday, so the glossing will have to wait for Sunday, another job I dread! I just can't wait to put everything back and start buying pretty cushions and throws for the bed, as well as some pictures!

Sophie went out in the evening with Laura and Daisy to a pub in Harlestone. Daisy very kindly gave her a lift so that was a bonus! Keith and I watched The Bodyguard after we'd eaten, a film I hadn't seen for ages. Our daughter returned home at 11pm looking tired - she wasn't the only one!

No comments: