Wednesday 10 November 2021

The blinds go up!

Julie came at 8am with her blind fitter (he's not blind, he just fits them) and dressed our two windows in the kitchen. They made a huge mess in the kitchen, as all the leaves blew in, but I loved what they did and the fabric couldn't have been a better choice!




I love looking at the fabric and noticing all the birds and flowers. I was very pleased, and they both did an excellent job. Keith looked grumpy all morning, though, and wasn't pleased that we couldn't pull the blind all the way down at the window over the kitchen sink, because of the tiles. I don't want it all the way down, though, as it would get dirty!

Once they'd gone we popped over to the Co-op in Brixworth and I bought my Mum flowers and a couple of sheets of wrapping paper as my stocks of gift bags had all gone (in the clearout of the kitchen!). The weather today has been dismal in the extreme, a real November damp and grey day, which sort of matched my mood this morning! When we got back we had a late breakfast and then I cleaned the kitchen and the downstairs rooms. The kitchen is now finished unless we decide to go ahead with the bench seat next year.

I took some photos and sent them to the Highfields Facebook page:






At 2pm I went to get my parents and was delighted to see my Dad emerge from the building using his zimmer frame. He set off at a great pace so that was a relief! When we got home I parked at the bottom of the drive and he was able to get into the house without any trouble at all. Now we're just keeping fingers crossed that this blasted virus doesn't spoil our Christmas!

We spent a very pleasant afternoon drinking tea and eating gooey chocolate cake and reminiscing about the past. I took them both back at 4pm and then returned to relax for a while before Sophie came home. We lit the candle in the kitchen and drew down the blinds and it was very cosy. 




There was some material left over and we realised that having the bench seat in the same fabric would have been too much. Sophie has her eye on some gorgeous fabric, but we'll have to save up!

No comments: