Saturday 13 November 2021

Getting ready!

It was great to plan a lie-in this morning, but I was awake at 7.30am, which for me seems to be the perfect time to wake up! I was glad Sophie wasn't home as we had horses clip-clopping around the estate at 8am and I could hear them in the conservatory. They would definitely have woken Sophie up!

This morning Keith and I tackled the walls of Michael's old room, removing all of the stickers he'd put up and washing them down in readiness to paint them next week. Keith went around filling the holes in and I washed the windows. With all the stickers and memorabilia down, the room looked better already!

One of the pictures that used to be in the old study was left in the spare room, and I decided to re-paint the frame in silver. We took it apart and cleaned the glass of the tiny black flies that somehow manage to find their way in, and I painted the frame outside. I'd bought some metallic silver paint ages ago and it was perfect. When I've put on a couple of coats we'll reassemble it and it will look lovely in the spare room!

We also applied a thick goo to the sealant in the bathroom (and on Michael's window edges) which is supposed to remove mould. I tell you, there's no excitement like it!

Once that was done I hoovered all through and, just as I was finishing, Sophie called to say she was coming home earlier than expected. This meant we could play Scrabble and drink wine! Fabulous!

Keith and I drove down to the station, and our daughter emerged at about 5pm. Once home, she took out some leftovers from the Indian meal she and Zain had shared last night. They had ordered way too much, and the bill was an astonishing £180! As the leftovers had been hanging about all day, none of us fancied them and they wouldn't have gone with our dinner of beef stroganoff!

Sophie and I enjoyed a bottle of Alsace Pinot Gris this evening and I served them in Sophie's Alsace glasses. They're so pretty and seeing them took me straight back to when Keith and I went to Alsace before the children were born. Ah, happy memories!



Dinner tonight was delicious - Keith certainly excelled himself, and as the Pinot Gris was all gone, we opened a bottle of Portuguese red, which was lovely and fruity. We don't often drink wines from Portugal, but we'll definitely get this one again!

No comments: