Tuesday 2 November 2021

Job perks!

The weather today has been glorious, with plentiful sunshine and blue skies. It has been chillier, though, but I don't mind that! I had today off as I'd originally taken it to help Mum and Dad move to Avery Park, but that is now off. As I have a lot of holiday still to take, I kept it.

Keith and I went to Jones's first thing and bought a new quilt and cover for the spare bed, as well as lots of other things we needed. The Christmas decorations were out in full force, and I bought some more Peter Pauper cards that are truly beautiful. I'd already ordered some on Amazon so I definitely have enough now!

From there we drove to Brackmills to meet Sophie for lunch. Tonight we're all going to see No Time To Die so we wouldn't be able to eat this evening. It seemed a good idea to go out for lunch at the nearby Cafe 900, and we were joined by Luca, Sophie's work colleague. Keith ordered chicken wings with chips, I had a Scotch egg and Sophie had a jacket potato with cheese and beans. The food was OK, but not sure I'd order a hot Scotch egg again! 

At 1pm we returned home, I did a lateral flow test and picked Mum and Dad up at 2.30pm. We went to Nationwide in Moulton Park to again try and sort out their bank account. We were all heartily fed up and had agreed beforehand that if they didn't help we were going to start the process of closing the bank account and making a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

Luckily, we spoke to a lovely woman and she told us that the bank account was now open again and she would order a card. I said that if we didn't have one within seven days we would make good on our threats! I think she understood!

Before taking Mum and Dad back we had a coffee in the Costa at Tesco Kettering and the woman serving was delighted to see my Dad again, She remembered him from before he broke his leg as he used to call in often for coffee and bacon rolls!

Driving back home at 5pm, the sunset was gorgeous, the sky a glorious mix of greys, peaches and pinks. There was a huge looming cloud over our house and I was surprised we didn't get any rain! 

We set off to see the film at 6.30pm and parked, with some difficulty, at my place of work. The car park was jammed as people arrived to see the film or use the gym. Before going into the cinema, I showed Keith where I worked!

We all enjoyed the film immensely, even though it was very long. The ending was a bit sad and we speculated as to who the next 007 will be! Driving home the temperature plummeted to 0c, the coldest we've known since last winter! Brrr!

No comments: