Friday 19 November 2021

Back to work!

Going back to work was a bit of a shock this morning! I felt like I'd been away for ages! Luckily, it was a very pleasant shift with only Kathy, Sheila and me in the office. Bliss! We weren't busy and I was able to get some admin jobs done.

Sophie had finished work early today so she was home when I arrived, and the house was looking lovely. I took Keith to the pub and we both wondered what changes would be made with the advent of our new landlord. I asked him to get all the gossip for when I picked him up later!

Sophie and I sipped a glass of Chardonnay and watched Escape to the Chateau. Although I love the series and have been watching it right from the start, I do wonder if their lives are as perfect as they make out! In the episode we watched, they were knocking down walls and making new walk-in wardrobes as well as building a mezzanine structure for the children's bedroom!

I went back to pick up Keith from the pub and already noticed changes - a rickety old gate that stood in the entrance had gone, and the space behind the bar in the back room had been spruced up so it looked a lot better. I had a quick look at the new menu - quite restricted - and noticed that the prices were very reasonable... Only time will tell!

No comments: