Sunday 21 November 2021

Glossing over...

Keith went shopping first thing this morning as Mum and Dad needed some bits, and while he was gone I made a start on glossing the woodwork in the spare bedroom. It's a job I really don't like, and I spent most of today crawling about on the floor painting the skirting boards or stretching up to do the top of the door! When it was finished I was pleased with how it looked... it's like a brand new room!

Outside the weather was glorious, but there was a very cold wind so I was glad I spent all of today indoors! Sophie hoovered the whole house for me and we changed our beds, while Keith prepared all the vegetables for tonight's roast beef, so our house was a hive of activity. No lazy Sunday today!

While I painted I was able to listen to the television, which was a bonus. We're hoping this room will be a spare if anyone comes to stay, but it will also be a retreat to spend time in and watch television as we have Netflix and lots of terrestrial channels. The room also seems warmer now, probably because the door is open most of the time! For the last twenty years, it's been Michael's room and has been a tip if I'm brutally honest, so it sometimes feels weird to have it back and looking so lovely!

I finished the painting by mid-afternoon, and Sophie and I indulged in a face pack and watched television. I then had a long wallow in the bath but I made sure I was out by 5.30pm so we could play Scrabble again, and this time I beat Sophie. Ha!

Keith cooked roast beef tonight but he was very unhappy with the joint from Aldi. He said it's fine for a casserole but it was a bit tough for a Sunday dinner. After we'd eaten Keith and I watched I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! which was set in Wales again. I hardly knew any of the celebrities, so it'll be good to get to know them over the next few weeks!


No comments: