Friday 12 November 2021

A wet end to the week!

The weather on the way to work this morning was abysmal - it was raining hard, and horribly dark at 7.30am. I hate the commute now!

I arrived at work and was the only one in the office until 9am when Kathy came in. Sophie was off to London today to see Zain but went to the gym first to do a class. I had warned her about the state of the roads, and the awful weather, but it did clear up by mid-morning.

Nicola was late in this morning, and Kathy and I were working well when our new Managing Director showed up. I had heard that he was going to be coming in every Friday and I wondered why... to listen to us on the phone to customers, as he's done before? The office was very quiet today and I'm sure he could hear every word we said so we both felt uncomfortable and like we were being monitored.

I was very glad to escape at 4pm and go home. Keith had taken Sophie to the station at lunchtime and my wonderful daughter had taken herself off to a Thai restaurant for lunch and a bar for cocktails while she waited for Zain to join her. Go girl!!

I missed my wine buddy this evening but I was glad she was having a great time in London. I took Keith to the pub and returned to catch up on some programmes I'd recorded and make dinner. After we'd eaten I shooed Keith upstairs to watch the football and Monty and I watched The Shipping News, a film I'd always wanted to see. It was OK and was jam-packed with stars, but I found it a bit plodding and dreary!

No comments: