Tuesday 12 October 2021

Scared out of my wits!

Having the extra two hours a day to do admin work means I have caught up with outstanding jobs, so today I was at a bit of a loose end! There were four of us answering the phones with not one single call abandoned, and I shouldn't think so!

The time did drag a bit so it was great to speed home at 4pm and look forward to a couple of days off. I have an old friend coming around tomorrow to give me a quote for two blinds and a bench cushion, so it'll be lovely to catch up with her news. Her twin daughters are the same age as Sophie and we've known each other since the girls were at primary school, so it'll be nice to see her again.

Keith was out to see Sileby play this evening so it was a girls' night in! We chose meatballs and pasta for dinner, with garlic bread, something we haven't eaten for ages. We are running out of things to eat that Keith doesn't like!

We decided to watch A Quiet Place 2, which was alarmingly scary! The creatures in it are horrible! I remember seeing the first film at the Northampton Filmhouse, and the audience was silent throughout! We both enjoyed it very much, and I know there's another film scheduled for next year.

Dinner was delicious, and we cooked some oven fries for Keith for when he returned from the football. I was in the kitchen when he arrived home, a little earlier than I expected, and I just saw this dark figure at the back door wearing a bobble hat... he gave me a terrible scare, and the film we'd just seen didn't help!




No comments: