Sunday 24 October 2021

Decisions, decisions!

Today has been a very lazy Sunday before the working week rolls around again! I let Sophie sleep in late and she must have needed the slumber as she didn't wake until 10.30am. I don't think a long lie-in does any harm now and again!

We all pottered about the house and did some chores but the weather today has been a bit gloomy. The leaves are falling in earnest now and the colours are changing to browns and oranges, so typical of this time of the year!

Sophie and I looked at flights to San Francisco in the afternoon, and British Airways had their timings for next October available. I felt very nervous about booking so we've decided to leave it and look at the Virgin flights when they come online. Just lately, I have found it very difficult to make decisions about travel. Perhaps it was all the uncertainty during the pandemic, and not knowing whether we would be able to travel at all. I've booked for Sophie and me to go to Knole in Kent on Sunday because we have a voucher to visit a National Trust property, but even doing that felt like a big step! I must try and seize the moment and just do it! Just imagine we booked San Francisco on a whim back in 2018, and I remember booking to see Ben Howard in Berlin without a moment's thought some years back!

Keith cooked a delicious roast chicken for dinner, with all the trimmings and Sophie and I sat and played Scrabble beforehand. We ate in the conservatory tonight, something we don't do very often these days as there's just the three of us!

No comments: