Tuesday 19 October 2021

All by myself...

The temperature at 7.30am this morning was 16c! That really is too mild for the time of year!

Work was fine again, and there were four of us answering the phones so I managed to get a lot of cinema admin done. The time did drag a bit so it was a relief to get out at 4pm and drive home. Sophie was away tonight and she's also away tomorrow evening, working at an exhibition in London. She caught the train from Northampton at 6.30pm with her colleagues, bless her, and wasn't feeling her best as she has a cold. The views from her hotel room overlooking the London Eye did make up for the long day, though!

Keith went off to see Sileby play this evening so I was all on my own (with Monty, of course). I had a frozen pizza for dinner with a glass of wine sitting at the island. Not my first choice for an evening meal but it was either that or fish fingers! We had forgotten Sophie was away this evening and Keith would be out! The last time I was on my own in the evening was years ago, so I was looking forward to a long soak in the bath, and watching something on television, which is exactly what I did!

We had torrential rain again this evening, but it didn't affect Keith who was able to watch the match under cover. He arrived back at just before 10pm and looked cold! Tomorrow, we can both have a lie-in! Hooray!


No comments: