Tuesday 5 October 2021

Getting things done!

I spent eight hours today doing admin work, including putting the films on until November (No Time To Die is on in early November, so I had a legitimate excuse to have Daniel Craig on my computer screen!), putting all of our October half-term crash courses on the system, sorting out loads of invoices and orders and updating the cinema spreadsheets.

Half an hour was also taken up saying goodbye to Julia, who used to work in the DD department, and who has been furloughed since the start of the pandemic last March. She decided to retire so we had a little presentation for her in the bar area upstairs and enjoyed fizz and cake. I had spoken to her hundreds of times on the phone but had never met her so it was great to put a face to a name!

I was so busy I barely glanced out of the window so couldn't say anything about the weather today! We did have torrential rain and winds in the evening though, as we were sitting down to dinner. It is chilly at the moment, and I think Autumn is definitely here to stay!

No comments: