Sunday 10 October 2021

Just mooching!

After a grey and cloudy start, the sun came out and we were treated to blue skies and balmy breezes. Perfect for getting out into the garden and cutting the front verge. Keith came out with me and trimmed the bush as well so that the grass could grow a bit, even though it's Autumn. I strimmed the grass, weeded and dug over the soil so it looked a lot better, and much neater when I finished! I also swept up loads of leaves - the season is upon us!

Sophie went to have lunch with Daisy and Laura at Beckworth and was gone all afternoon. I mooched about, did some hoovering, did several loads of laundry and read the papers so it was very relaxing, which was lovely after our busy day yesterday.

The beautiful weather continued all day and it was sunny and warm for October. When Sophie returned we played Scrabble and drank wine before Keith ventured out into the garden to barbecue. We thought it was a good idea because of the weather, but we forgot that it gets dark at about 7pm at the moment! He had rigged up a light so at least he could see and we enjoyed delicious food as always.

Tomorrow it's back to work, but I do feel like I've had a proper weekend!

No comments: