Saturday 16 October 2021

A working Saturday...

It was a bit of a shock, but I was at work today, beginning at 9am, so not too bad! The shift also ended at 2pm so a very short day to what I'm used to normally!

I had a very pleasant shift, but I hadn't anticipated how busy the centre would be at 9am, as there were swimming and gymnastics lessons on, and both car parks were full. I managed to find one space in the rear car park, dumped the car and fled into the building!

As well as answering calls, I did a lot of admin work and the time flew by. On the way home, it was my job to buy some limes, but the Co-op at Moulton had none, so I had to trek over to Brixworth. I bought a little box of chocolate treats and returned home to enjoy a cup of tea with Sophie and Keith.

Michael texted me to ask for a lift home from Abbie's in town, so Keith and I went to get him. The weather today has been gorgeously Autumnal, with blue skies and sunshine and mild temperatures. How long will this last I wonder?

Back home it was cocktail time and Mike, Sophie and I played Scrabble on the kitchen island, which was great, and very enjoyable! Sophie and I then prepared one of our favourite meals to welcome Mike back home for the night - Jerk Chicken Pasta with garlic bread.

Keith chose to have a pie he'd made earlier, and I think he definitely misses out! The meal was delicious, very spicy and there was enough left over for Mike to take it back to Southampton tomorrow! What a compliment!


No comments: