Monday 31 August 2020

Bank Holiday?

Today hasn't felt like a Bank Holiday as I was at work from 9am until 2pm and Sophie was out with her beau visiting Castle Ashby gardens.

Keith took me to work this morning and I was working with Jo. We were both hoping that we'd have a quiet shift, but the first four hours were manic with non-stop phone calls, mainly from people booking swimming sessions. I will be so glad when the school holidays are over and the children go back, which in our area is Wednesday.

Sophie will be very glad as well as she's found it quite hard working at home since March and we have a family next door where the children have been very loud over the summer. One of the boys has played basketball virtually every single day since the middle of March and at multiple times during the day. The noise of the ball's constant thud, thud, thud on the patio has been a nightmare! I know children need to play outdoors and I'm all for them getting out in the fresh air, but the noise has really got to us this year. We have two playing fields with basketball nets within a short walking distance and I just wish they would use them!

Luckily things did calm down a bit at work so I was able to tackle some of the 170 emails in the customer service inbox... I tried hard to get as many done as I could but when I finished we had 172... oh well!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and we called over to Mum's to get some warmer clothes for them. We were astonished to walk in to find the heating full on... the buyer had been in on Friday to measure up and whether he'd tried out the radiators, I don't know but I was not happy. The thermostat had been turned up to its highest setting so no wonder the place felt so hot. I called the estate agents to find out what was going on but the woman I've been dealing with wasn't in today, so I asked for her to call me tomorrow.

We dropped off the clothes and coats at the care home and I made an appointment to see my parents on Sunday, as a big envelope of documents had arrived from the solicitors and they need to sign them. My hours are set to increase a bit this week (I will be dealing with emails) so to be on the safe side I made an appointment for the weekend.

I saw my Mum through the window but she didn't answer the phone, which was a shame. I had talked to her in the car earlier and she said she was going to have her hair done today so I hope she did, bless her.

When we finally got home it was time to relax a bit and Sophie picked up Mike from Abbie's so that was a bonus! We decided to have fish and chips from the new chippy in Broughton and despite having to wait a while, they were delicious. We will go back!






No comments: