Sunday 23 August 2020

A busy Sunday!

Sophie was spending the day in London seeing her boyfriend so Keith and I took her to the station and then went over to Mum's to sort out their garden.

Keith mowed the lawn while I concentrated on the weeds in the front garden. Luckily it wasn't too hot today and after about two hours we'd finished. It looked so much better and we cut down some overgrown bushes at the front as well, in case anyone complained they were encroaching on the pavement.

We headed home and had lunch and read the Sunday papers in our sunny conservatory. Bliss! I then put all of our clean bedding back (not a good idea to pick today to do it!) and went and bought some treats for my Mum to encourage her to eat.

I stopped outside their window and phoned them but they didn't answer, which was a shame as it would have been good to see them. I dropped the bag off with the receptionist, tried one more time to contact them and then headed home for a wallow in the bath. I felt very sweaty!

At about 5pm Mike called to ask for a lift home so Keith and I went to collect him. We took the A43 and half way down the road we had to turn around as there'd been an accident ahead. A farm along this road is doing "pick-your-own" sunflowers and I just knew it was an accident waiting to happen with people turning off a busy, and very fast, A road. It had been cleared when we returned half an hour later and there was car sitting forlornly by the side of the road with a big dent in its backside!

I knew that as soon as we got home Sophie would call and I was almost right! Keith and I had about half an hour to prepare dinner (the barbecue we should have had last night!) before going back out to collect her from the station.

We both returned home to find Keith cooking in the garden and thankfully the weather had stayed dry and the wind had died down a bit. Our poor plants looked a bit wind-blown so I gave them a drink but we have another storm heading our way next week - Storm Francis!

No comments: