Friday 7 August 2020

So glad it's Friday!

Sophie took me into work this morning and then carried on to the gym. She is travelling down to London today to meet her boyfriend and they're going to Canterbury for the weekend. It's forecast to be very hot today and tomorrow: 35-36c in London and the south-east!

Work was busy but pleasant. Yesterday, the two big barriers we used to have dividing our office were removed, making it all very open-plan. As we are not "hot-desking" at the moment, we needed to be able to all see each other as some of the staff are sitting on the far side of the office. It made the space seem so much bigger and lighter!

Keith had taken Sophie to the station at 12pm and came straight to pick me up from work. It was very hot when I walked out! We dashed home so I could change and then we went to Mum and Dad's house to fill out the forms that the solicitor had sent me. They were very straightforward and it didn't take us long to do them. The gardens need some attention again but it's far too hot at the moment to even think about weeding and mowing! We'll leave them until it cools down a bit!

Back home I fiddled about with printers again and signed up for the HP instant ink. I need to copy some documents to send off but as it was so hot I put it off for later!

As the time for Keith to go to the pub approached it looked quite stormy but he risked the walk down. I kept an eye out for rain but he made it without getting wet! I did see a rainbow at one point so it must have been raining somewhere close by! I spent a pleasant couple of hours watching some recorded programmes and the house was blissfully quiet. I did miss my wine buddy very much, though!

For dinner tonight Keith and I enjoyed quiche, new potatoes and salad. I hadn't really eaten much today so I was really hungry and I enjoyed a lovely G&T with my dinner. Bring on the weekend!

No comments: