Friday 28 August 2020

So glad it's Friday!

Work wasn't too bad today but I had so much to do and the time flew by! As well as answering the phones, I had to do the box office returns and I also had a load of invoices to deal with. Plus, I'd been given new films to put on and we're showing "Love Sarah" and "Pinocchio" next weekend. Our screenings haven't been that well attended but I think with the bad weather we're having at the moment, we'll be busier.

The rain first thing this morning was horrendous and the road was flooded at Holcot. On my way home the sky was a mix of huge storm clouds - some of them were pure, dazzling white, while others were dark grey. It was very dramatic and I wish I could have stopped and taken some photos.

I had planned on a nice, easy afternoon of doing very little but I somehow got caught up with trying to connect my computer to Mum and Dad's printer as I had something I needed to print off for them. It was very frustrating, especially as I had ordered new ink! In the end I gave up on trying to connect it wirelessly and had to connect it by a USB lead instead. Grrr!

We took Mike into town at 4.30pm and I went a different way to try and avoid the Friday rush hour traffic. Sophie beat us home and after taking Keith to the pub (the sky was still very stormy and it has rained for most of the day), Sophie and I poured ourselves a glass of red and settled down to watch "That Touch of Mink" starring Cary Grant and Doris Day. It was pure bliss and fantastic escapism!

Dinner tonight was chilli con carne which was perfect as outside it was chilly and very rainy. Oh, of course, it's a Bank Holiday weekend!

No comments: