Monday 10 August 2020

The heat goes on...

I was in at work at 8am this morning and we had a very busy shift with endless calls about swimming sessions and people having difficulty booking online. Luckily there were three of us answering the calls, but it was hard work.

I finished at 2pm, after doing an hour on the cinema doing the box office returns (our film yesterday didn't have one single customer) and I sped home to see Sophie who had arrived from London earlier in the afternoon. She'd had a great time in Canterbury but said it was very hot. It still is, here, with the temperature hovering around 30c.

As she was still on a day's leave, we popped over to the post office in Brixworth as she had sold a dress on Depop and I needed to send a load of forms and documents to the solicitors. From Brixworth we went to Tesco at Kettering where I spent a small fortune on birthday presents for my Dad and some food for tonight. I also picked out fruit and nuts as I think we should try and vary our diet a bit more!

It was very muggy and warm and I could see clouds building up in the distance. I was hoping for a really big storm! Back home we relaxed with a couple of small bottles of Prosecco that I'd been given a work, as well as some mozzarella balls, olives and sun dried tomatoes. It was bliss to sit and chat about our weekends!

Keith was barbecuing again tonight and I'd bought some chicken and chorizo kebabs in Tesco to go with the sausages, burgers and lamb from last night. I made a kind of ratatouille with another courgette, an onion, the remainder of the sun dried tomatoes, green beans and mushrooms. I'd also treated us to two lots of parmentier potatoes and put them in the oven to roast.

While everything cooked we sat in the garden and chatted to Mike who had arrived home from his weekend in Oxford, looking very tanned and healthy! He'd had a great time and had bought some new trainers... I dread to think how much they cost!

The barbecue was delicious and the vegetable and potato accompaniments really lovely. After we'd eaten I went to sit on the steps at the front of the house and gazed up at the towering clouds in the distance. Unfortunately, the storm never arrived and it continued to be muggy and warm all night!

No comments: