Wednesday 19 August 2020

A bit stressed out!

Today the weather has been truly horrible - it's rained for most of the day and the sky has been a lumpy grey colour. Not pleasant and especially not for August!

Keith and I went and collected my car from Mum and Dad's first thing and while we were at the house I was horrified to see the amount of weeds in their front garden. We really must try and tackle them soon, but the weather is set to be wet and stormy towards the end of the week. Having said that, I really don't have a lot of spare time at the moment!

We took my car to the garage in Broughton and then returned home for bacon sandwiches. I changed my profile on my blog and decided to have a look at some of the blogs I follow. I was shocked and really sad to see that Rick Watson of Life 101 had died in July. He and his wife Jilda lived a wonderful life in Alabama and although I didn't follow his blog every day, whenever I dipped into their lives I felt my blood pressure drop. He was a lovely writer and I couldn't believe that he was gone. Such a sad loss.

At 12pm I left for work and arrived to see our board lit up with loads of calls. One of my colleagues was on a call and I could tell that she was stressed. When she eventually ended the call she looked ready to burst into tears and I think that could apply to all of us at the moment. The calls are sometimes relentless and so many of them could be dealt with by people using our website and not being so lazy. It's easier for them to call us and get us to book them onto sessions or ask for information! I don't mind talking to our regulars, a few of whom have been back since lockdown, but a lot of the calls could easily be sorted by visiting our website!

I was at work with Denise until 6pm and had an enlightening conversation with her and Nicola about what we wear in bed at night! Georgie came in half way through the conversation and the look on his face was priceless!

Back home it was time to relax and Keith had cooked a delicious beef casserole for dinner. We enjoyed it with giant Yorkie puds and it was the perfect meal for such a dismal day!


Rick Watson

No comments: