Tuesday 4 August 2020

Getting back into the routine!

I was back at work today but not starting until 11am. Sophie had been to the gym first thing and when she came home we enjoyed toasted crumpets and coffee.

I left to go to work at 10.30am and my first two hours were spent going through the films we are putting on in the cinema, and making sure that we had blocked out a lot of seats so we could ensure social distancing! Also, the VAT rate has changed for cinema takings so that had to be sorted out as well! It was very absorbing work and the two hours flew by!

At 1pm I was back on the phones but also dealing with customer service emails so my shift passed very quickly indeed. The others said it had been very busy as we've now opened our swimming pools but people have to book a session and a lot of customers were finding it difficult to do. I have no idea why, as the process is very simple!

At 5pm I left and the next gym session was starting so there were some people about! I still can't get used to how quiet it is! Back home Keith and Sophie were waiting for me on the drive, which was lovely! We sat and played cards in the conservatory and had a good chat.

Dinner tonight was a delicious chicken curry but Keith had added loads of vegetables as we have been given some courgettes by a neighbour. I looked up a recipe for courgette and lemon cake and I'm very tempted to make it!

No comments: