Thursday 27 August 2020

Mrs Grumpy!

As is the case now, work was very busy again this morning. I know all of us will be very glad when the school holidays are over and swimming lessons have settled down.

I didn't sleep well last night because of our heavy meal and a few glasses of wine so I felt very irritable this morning. I was glad we were quiet during the first half hour because my colleague didn't actually log onto the phones until well past 8.30am. I don't know what she was doing, but I felt very annoyed! She then spent a lot of the morning going between two desks and cleaning everything so my levels of annoyance increased!

I really think at the moment that I'm truly turning into a grumpy old woman! My patience with customers tends to run out by mid-morning mainly because some of them are so stupid! It's not just me, we all agree with this! When someone genuinely needs our help I am very sympathetic but we get so many queries that people could solve for themselves and it's wasting our time and theirs. And to think I really missed work during lockdown!

Keith picked me up at 2pm and I dealt with three missed calls I'd received since being at work. They were from the estate agent who wanted a key to Mum and Dad's house. I'd had to take it out of the key box by the front door as I'd had a feeling that someone had been sneaking into the house without us knowing - in fact they said that they'd been around this morning without telling me and obviously didn't realise they key was no longer there...hmm! I was not happy!

I said I would put it back as the buyer wanted to go in and measure up and we drove over in very heavy rain. Because we were so close to the time to pick Mike up we went straight there and of course, he was late! Typical!

Back home I had a nap as I felt so tired after my bad night's sleep! Sophie went out this evening with her friend Laura and they went to The Royal Oak in Cogenhoe. Naturally, I waited up for her and she arrived home at about 10.30pm. I could then go to bed and hope for a better night's sleep!

No comments: