Thursday 13 August 2020

Battling through...

We awoke to a really grey and misty day with a weather warning for thunderstorms. I was in at 8am and the morning passed very pleasantly as there were only a handful of us in the office. Mid-morning, the heavens opened and we had a huge downpour of rain with rumbles of thunder. Part of our building flooded so I had to cancel some spin classes as the room was unusable!

The shift passed very quickly indeed and Keith came to pick me up at 2pm. We dashed over to Mum and Dad's house to pick up their car because mine is not well at all. It's making a strange vibrating noise and we're not sure if it's the tyres or something else. It's booked in next Wednesday for its MOT and a service so I'm hoping they can fix whatever it is.

We checked Mum and Dad's house, tried not to look at the front garden which needed weeding and went home. We then went straight back out again to put some petrol in Dad's car. Mike was already at home as he'd taken a half day's holiday but the weather has been so wet today, I doubt whether he could have done much anyway.

The rain was torrential on the way back home but our gardens and fields badly need it at the moment. Sophie had called the hospital for me this morning and had been told the doctors were visiting between 9am and 12pm, so I phoned the ward to find out how my mum was. I was told that she has a problem with her kidneys and was on fluids to help. She was asleep when I rang and I said I would bring in a bag for her tomorrow. I still don't really know what caused this to happen unless she was very dehydrated?

I managed to fall down the last two stairs this afternoon and hurt my left arm and foot. Not really what I want right now! I am definitely thinking we have some kind of curse on us at the moment!

Sophie was out with her boyfriend in the evening - he had caught a train to Northampton to see her, so he's obviously very keen! Keith and I sat and chatted in the conservatory about the kitchen again and then we prepared a very simple dinner of prawn salad. It had stopped raining but the skies remained cloudy and overcast. It was a bit cooler, though!


No comments: