Thursday 6 August 2020

Getting hotter!

I was glad that today was my last regular 1pm-5pm shift as I seem to spend all morning mooching about with the thought of work hanging over me. Next week I'm back to my normal 8am shift but my hours have increased, so I'm now doing an afternoon shift on Wednesday. Before lockdown I was doing extra hours anyway to help out with the cinema work and this has just continued.

I didn't do a lot this morning! Keith went shopping and Sophie was at the gym but I caught up with some chores and went into work at the slightly later time of 12pm. We had to do a lot of behind-the-scenes work for the cinema and the VAT rate had to be reduced in line with the Government's incentive for the leisure industry. It involved quite a bit of work!

Luckily, the phones weren't too bad this afternoon and I was working with Kathy who has a lovely quiet voice! We are back in together tomorrow morning and it's Friday...hooray!

The temperatures have been rising steadily all week and today it was very warm. Mike has gone to Oxford with Abbie as it's their one year anniversary so it was just the three of us for dinner this evening. We enjoyed jacket potatoes with salad - eating in this heat is not fun and we had real difficulty trying to decide what to have over the weekend, especially as there will be just the two of us!

No comments: